ABOUT THE FILM
The Rebound is an award-winning documentary + impact campaign
Among the Heat Wheels, passion and drive are abundant, but the team’s dwindling checkbook threatens to cut short its attempt to win their first national championship. Athletes Mario, Jeremie and Orlando rally their team through the season while confronting adversity on and off the court, as the team pushes their way towards the title in the tension-riddled conclusion where they prove that no matter the challenges, it’s all about how you rebound that counts.
Watch the trailer
Get your copy of the film today
The Rebound: Educational Screening License$175.00 – $500.00
The Rebound Official DVD Blu-ray$20.00
Distribution + Impact
The Rebound has played at 150+ community and educational screenings, been awarded at numerous film festivals, premiered on Netflix, and streamed way up in the skies on Delta Airlines. The film has been used as a tool in academic research at James Madison University and piloted by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, among others.
Awards & Recognitions
- Kaiser Thrive Award – Cinequest Film Festival
- Audience Award: Best Documentary – Brooklyn Film Festival
- Audience Award: Best Documentary – Naples International Film Festival
- Audience Award: Best Documentary – Loft Film Festival
- Best Documentary Feature, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Editing – Gallup Film Festival
- Jury Award: Best Documentary – Awareness Film Festival
- Jury Award: Best Documentary – Vero Beach Wine and Film Festival
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT
We believe in a more inclusive world, one where all people have equal opportunities to participate in sport.
There are countless ways to use the movie in an educational setting – inspiring students, leading discussions, and improving your diversity programming – the possibilities are endless.
How does Educational Licensing work?
- Choose the screening kit package that best fits you, and add it to your cart.
- Fill out the licensing order form and submit payment for your order. If you’re planning a screening event, let us know on the form!
- Once your payment is processed, it’s time to start planning. You’ll receive the Digital Promo Toolkit in your email inbox to help you organize your event.
- Time to promote your screening! We’ll help empower you to do the outreach and promotion to engage your community with our helpful Digital Promo Toolkit.
- Once your DVD or Bluray arrives, celebrate (and test your setup before your screening). Keep promoting until the day of your screening. Then, cue the lights and popcorn, and let the show begin!
How to use The Rebound
Join Team Rebound and hundreds of screening partners in creating awareness, motivating members, and supporting equality and inclusion in sports.
Diversity and Inclusion
Use the film as a great way to engage audiences and support your diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Educate and inform
Screening partners love how The Rebound is an effective way to create an emotional connection while educating audiences.
Spark important conversations
Themes from the film stimulate thoughtful conversations and help create lasting connections with the subjects and issues in the movie.
In the classroom and on campus
Teachers and professors have added the movie to class curricula, used it to lead discussions and to supplement special events.
Recruitment and participation
We created this film to help introduce wheelchair basketball and adapted sports to both fans and aspiring athletes.
Fundraising and special events
Screening events are a fun and effective way to raise awareness and fundraise for any non-profit event or sports organization